Tube Mills and Pipe Mills
Designing and manufacturing tube and pipe mills is a core product for Rafter Equipment. With over a century of experience in building mills, we can surely provide you with a custom tube mill to suit your specific application. Your new mill will be engineered and built right in our USA-based factory, using our own personnel, equipment and machine shop. Doing so allows us to better control both the quality and delivery of your mill. We can build exactly the machine you need:
Production and Product Specifications:
- Outside diameters from 3/16″ to 12-1/2″.
- Wall thicknesses from 0.010″ to 0.625″.
- Outside diameter-to-wall thickness ratios from 6.5 to 100:1
- Production speeds over 1,000 ft/min.
- Mechanical Tubing
- Hollow Structural Section (HSS) or Structural Tubing
- Standard Pipe
- Energy Pipe (OCTGand API)
- Automotive Tubing
- Drawn Over Mandrel (DOM)
- Steel Conduit
- Carbon Steel
- High-Strength Low-Alloy (HSLA) Steel
- Advanced High-Strength Steels (AHSS)
- Stainless Steel
Seam Welding Processes:
- High-Frequency Induction (HFI)
- High-Frequency Contact (HFC)
- Laser (CO2, Nd:YAG, and Fiber)
- Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) or Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)
- Plasma arc welding (PAW)